Sunday, March 18, 2018

TIC TOC (Table Of Contents)

Hey everyone! Another component that requires some attention is the table of contents of my magazine. In my official table of contents, I have to include the page numbers and excerpts of all of my hypothetical topics if I were to create all of the pages of the spread. At the beginning of the project, I thought that I had to write the articles for around ten articles. Thank goodness I don't have to do all of that, but I still have to include all of the titles of the potential articles in the table of contents. 
In my table of contents, I would like to have a good balance of images and text together. There does not necessarily need to be an image for each title, but all of the images should be rooted in the table of contents. Therefore, I will need to take pictures of multiple locations of different places in order for me to make my table of contents work. 
I am surfing through a few layout designs for the different table of contents layouts and some of them have really peaked my interest. 
I'm a huge fan of this sample table of contents for a few different reasons. First of all, the design is really clean and all of the images are precisely placed with clear attention to mathematics. Also, all of the embedded images do seem to represent the content of some of the titles, but there are are not pictures for every title that is in the table of contents. I might use this table of contents later as a guide when I'm designing my very own table of contents. 
I also really like this table of contents because even though there is only one image that is shown in the table of contents, the sheer design of table of contents is so sleek and smooth that it actually works in the favor of how the overall layout should be. The title of the magazine is in a color that c complements the landscape behind and the line of the containing the table of contents does not take away from the sheer beauty of the table of contents. Therefore, I really really do like how this table of contents looks. In the future, I will probably draw from this table of contents as well. 
My target audience, which ranges form 34-50, will probably like to see a mixture of the two examples I have provided because the first examples gives the reader a quick overview in their minds of how the current of the magazine will go down and they will probably like the cleanness and clear-cut design of the second example.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Hey everyone, my CCR is taking a really long time to upload to YouTube because I'm using a much older computer than my current computer ...