Saturday, March 17, 2018

Cover Images


Hey guys! So it’s come to the time where I actually have to start designing my magazine cover and the magazine in general in order for me to create my magazine. I feel like there are a whole bunch of different routes that I can go with my cover image, but thankfully my research in photography has limited me to a few simple choices. I have been searching for Canva for inspiration on what I can do with my cover images. One path that I can travel is that I can use an establishing shot that can capture the entirety of a landscape. For instance, I am trying to capture the Sahara Desert, the Grand Canyon, or a cityscape such as Miami, I would use this type of shot.
The other way I can do is that I take a medium angle shot of everyday life or special events and center the focus on people, not just the landscape. This will be transgressing on topics like different cultures and customs, which can help me build up some content for my future article (which I have to start sooner than later).

When searching through Canva, I saw this magazine cover, titled “walk the earth.” I really love the geometric elements that are added to the cover, which kind of makes the cover look like it is from some sort of scrapbook, which I really like. It obviously also attracts directly to a younger audience, which is the target audience I want to engage with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Hey everyone, my CCR is taking a really long time to upload to YouTube because I'm using a much older computer than my current computer ...