Monday, March 19, 2018

Cover Page????

Hey guys! We’re into week three of our process and I don’t know how I’m feeling about the end product. I mean, I know that I have somewhat of an idea of what I want to do but to be honest, I feel like I’m moving too slowly because some of the other kids in my class already have an outline for their projects and exactly know what they’re going to do. Me on the other hand, however, I’m just getting started with my magazine layout template. I’m not worrying too much, however. I know that during spring break next week (which I’m so hyped for), I’ll have a lot of time to properly put all the elements of my project into place if I work hard and work smart.

Anyways, today I have started to draw up what I want my cover page should look like. Just a warning: it’s just a really rough sketch of what I am envisioning.
Sorry if you guys can't see some of my writing. Whenever sketch a drawing or a future plan, I usually lightly press my pencil on to the paper so that I can easily change what I want when I mess up on something.
As you can see, I have included a border that surrounds my cover page, just like what National Geographic Traveller did, I have my main cover line on the left corner, and I have my secondary cover lines on the center-right of the magazine. I was thinking of adding some artistic elements to my drawing, such as some lines or some random shapes in order to give the magazine a more youthful, playful vibe.
Some issues that I have: I don't know what color I'm going to make the background yet, I have no clue what font I'm going to use for the masthead yet, and I'm not sure about what to make the cover image yet. Everything comes with time, right? So I'm hoping within the next week or so I get my act together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Hey everyone, my CCR is taking a really long time to upload to YouTube because I'm using a much older computer than my current computer ...