Tuesday, March 27, 2018

NAVIGATO

Hey guys, so I've FINALLY come up with a title name for my magazine. I have been searching all online for inspiration and I sifted through literally over a hundred titles to go with. After almost giving up on looking up for titles, I found a website that had some really good names. When my eyes crossed paths with number seven on the list, I instantly fell in love with the name: Navigatio. It's perfect because it has a deeper meaning than just the name itself since it means 'voyage' in Latin. Also, it just sounds really cool and I think the title will sound attractive to my target audience, ranging from 30-60 years old.

However, I think I would like to edit the name a little bit. Instead of being 'Navigatio', I think I prefer the name 'Navigato' more. The reason for this change from what the website is suggesting is because 'Navigato' is easier to say than 'Navigatio'. Also, for some reason in my head, 'Navigato' sounds like a Japanese word such as 'arigatou', which means "thank you" in Japanese. This name therefore roots the magazine more into the global and world scale of travel by juxtaposing multiple cultures and traditions in to one magazine. Also, if someone is well travelled, they are likely to make a connection that these two words are synonyms to one another, so therefore, I think it will be a great idea to make the name 'Nagivato' as opposed ot 'Navigatio'.

Thus, from this point forward, the blog will be called 'Navigato" instead of "Azhar's Portfolio Product", so that I can keep the focus of my magazine as a work of art rather than just some assignment that I am trying to get out of the way. I am currently working on the cover page as I speak, so tune in later to receive my updates about the cover! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Hey everyone, my CCR is taking a really long time to upload to YouTube because I'm using a much older computer than my current computer ...