Thursday, April 5, 2018

editing pictures and VSCO

Hey guys! Today I’ve been working hard to edit so,e of the shots that I have taken within the past few weeks. I want to share with you guys what I have edited so far. I am currently using an app called VSCO on my phone. VSCO has been a quick, easy, and thorough way for me to edit my photos in the manner I want. I highly recommend this app to anyone who is relatively new to somewhat professional photography and editing such as myself.  One aspect that I like about VSCO is that VSCO allows for me to change the intensity of certain colors in a picture, called HSL. For instance, if you took a picture of a beach and the sun overpowered the photo, making the ocean blue hard to see, you can use HSL to adjust the hue, saturation, and lighting of the color blue to make the picture more vibrant. I am finding this tool to be very useful when I edit the photos because it gives me more control of my photos. Here are some examples of the images I have edited so far:

First off is the cover image I think that I will be using for sure. It features a scene in Times Square, which is a very touristy and photogenic spot in New York City.
Before VSCO

After VSCO

In the edited image, it does not really seem that I had edited the image too much. However, when it is placed on the cover page, the edited image looks like this:
Therefore, I think the editing I had done for the image looks like everything is in place, as the orange in the top left corner pops out in with the surrounding background, and everything in the image seems much brighter. For this image, I used an au5 preset. 

Next is my picture for the first page of the table of contents:
Before VSCO

After VSCO
As you all can see, this image has been SIGNIFICANTLY transformed by all of the edits I had done. In this image overlooking Tobago from King George's Fort, I had changed the HSL for green and blue to be lighter, I had increased the clarity and had reduced some of the brightness in the photo.  

I have a multitude of other images I'm currently working on right now, but I will feature them in another post when I am finished with them. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Hey everyone, my CCR is taking a really long time to upload to YouTube because I'm using a much older computer than my current computer ...